The last few days our news feeds have been filled with images, statistics, and stories of the devastation of Hurricane Harvey. Here are some ways that you can get involved with caring for those affected.
Prayer: Please pray….
- That the flooding would end and receed quickly.
- That those trapped or needing rescuing would be reached in time.
- For God to provide the physical needs of food, clothing, shelter, and health care for those in the affected areas now and in the months to come.
- For God to provide healing for the emotional traumas associated with living through a storm, and with losing loved ones, homes, and livelihoods.
- For the local churches and the Christian community country wide to reach out with generous giving, practical helps, listening ears, and the hope of the Gospel.
Giving: In response to past natural disasters (Hurricanes Katrina, Sandy, and Matthew, and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti), The Compass Church has partnered with ReachGlobal’s Crisis Response Team. We will be partnering with them again for Hurricane Harvey relief. Please visit their site here for information on how to give.
Serving: We are considering sending a team to assist with the disaster relief when the time is appropriate. If you are interested in receiving information about this team as it develops please email email@example.com. You can also visit the ReachGlobal site for more information on teams they are arranging directly.